MYSUB AUSTRALIA PTY LTD ABN 24 630 178 200
Version Date: 14 December 2018
HOW DO WE COLLECT INFORMATION?
You will be asked to provide certain information as part of your registration with, and participation in transactions on, the MySub Site. We also collect information regarding your usage of the MySub Site, and information obtained by the use of “cookies”.We provide further information about all forms of information collection below.
INFORMATION WE COLLECT
Information Provided By You When you:
- register on the MySub Site;
- create a listing or sub-license memberships or tickets;
- make a purchase;
- sign up for our newsletter;
- respond to a survey or marketing communication;
- open a support ticket; or
- enter information on the MySub Site,
If information that is requested for a registration, transaction or other activity on the MySub Site is not provided, MySub may not be able to provide the relevant service.
MySub Site Usage Information
When you visit or use the online platform version of the MySub Site, we collect data such as browser and device identification, IP address, interests, demographics and website behaviour patterns. In addition:
- when you arrive at or leave the website we can receive the web address of the site that you came from or are going to. We also collect information on which pages of our website you visit, IP addresses, the type of browser you use and the times you access our website;
- when you use the mobile application version of the MySub Site, we may collect your GPS location or your device's unique identifier. We might also look at, for example, how often you use the app and where you downloaded it; and
- when you use the mobile application, if you give us permission, we may also scan your music library when you download our app(s) so that we may send you information about events you may be interested in your area.
For all versions of the MySub Site, we might also collect information regarding the type of device you are using, or the version of the operating system your computer or device is running.
Do We Use 'Cookies'? Yes. Cookies are small files that a site or its service provider transfers to your computer's hard drive through your Web browser (if you allow) that enables the site's or service provider's systems to recognise your browser and capture and remember certain information.
- help remember and process the items in the shopping cart;
- understand and save user's preferences based on previous or current site activity for future visits; and
- help us compile aggregate data about site traffic and site interaction so that we can offer better site experiences and tools in the future
You can choose to have your computer warn you each time a cookie is being sent, or you can choose to turn off all cookies. You do this through your browser settings. Since browsers are a little different, look at your browser's Help Menu to learn the correct way to modify your cookies. If you choose to disable cookies in your browser, please note that some of the features that make your site experience more efficient may not function properly.
Demographics and Interests Reporting Analysis We compile data regarding user interactions with our website, and advertisements made available through our website. We engage third party service providers to assist us in doing this. We honour all “Do Not Track” browser mechanisms that a user puts in place.
HOW DO WE USE YOUR INFORMATION?
General UseWe may use the information we collect from you in the following ways:
- to process your transactions for the sale and/or purchase of products or the sub-licensing of memberships or tickets;
- to personalise your MySub Site experience and to allow us to deliver the type of content and product offerings in which you are most interested;
- to allow us to respond to your customer service requests;
- to administer contests, promotions, surveys or other site features;.
- to improve the MySub Site and services we provide you;
- to send periodic emails regarding your registered account, transactions or other products and services that we may make available;
- to follow up with you after you have contacted MySub, for example, after a live chat or after you have made an email or phone inquiry; and
- to identify other products available from us or our affiliated parties that may be of interest to you having regard to your transactions with us.
Third-Party DisclosureWe will also share your personal information (as appropriate and necessary) with:
- the sporting clubs that have authorised MySub to make the MySub Site available to the club’s members;
- MySub’s website hosting affiliates; and
- other parties who assist us in operating the MySub Site and conducting our business,
Provided that these parties agree with MySub to keep all such personal information confidential.
We may also release information when its release is appropriate to comply with the law, enforce our site policies, or protect ours or others' rights, property or safety.Non-personally identifiable visitor information may be provided to other parties for marketing, advertising, or other uses.
We will not otherwise disclose, or sell or trade to outside parties, your personal information unless we provide you with advance notice. We will not disclose personal information to any overseas entities. Promotional and Marketing MaterialIf you agree, we may send you promotional or marketing material.
We may correspond with you by email in order to:
- send information, respond to inquiries, and/or other requests or questions;
- process orders and to send information and updates pertaining to orders;
- send you additional information related to your product and/or service;
- market to our mailing list or continue to send emails to our clients after completion of transactions.
When we send you emails, we will:
- not use false or misleading subjects or email addresses;
- identify the message as an advertisement in some reasonable way;
- include the physical address of our business or site headquarters;
- monitor third-party email marketing services for compliance, if one is used;
- honour opt-out/unsubscribe requests quickly; and
- allow users to unsubscribe by using the link at the bottom of each email.
We may have business arrangements with third parties who may also use such cookies and other technologies in our emails.
HOW DO WE HOLD AND PROTECT YOUR INFORMATION?
All transactions conducted via MySub are processed through a gateway provider and transaction history and details are not stored or processed on our servers. We implement a variety of security measures when a user places an order or enters, submits, or accesses their information to maintain the safety of the user’s personal information, including by ensuring the following:
- your personal information is only accessible by a limited number of persons who have special access rights to our systems, and are required to keep the information confidential;
- all sensitive/credit information you supply is encrypted via Secure Socket Layer (SSL) technology; and
- the MySub Site is scanned on a regular basis for security holes and known vulnerabilities in order to make your visit to our site as safe as possible. We use regular Malware Scanning.
In relation to the personal information MySub stores (that is, all information collected that is not transaction history and details), such information is kept within secured networks. All of this information is stored at off-site data centres with limited access and closely monitored by the network provider. Data centres we use are certified against the international standard ISO/IEC 27001:2013.
Access to information stored in data centres we use is only available upon the satisfaction of multi-factor authentication, which helps to ensure that only authorised people have access to the information. Such access is closely monitored by the network provider. All MySub hard drives and infrastructure are erased before being decommissioned or reused.
Occasionally, at our discretion, we may include or offer third-party products or services on our website. These third-party sites have separate and independent privacy policies. We, therefore, have no responsibility or liability for the content and activities of these linked sites. Nonetheless, we seek to protect the integrity of our site and welcome any feedback about these sites. RIGHT
TO ACCESS PERSONAL INFORMATION
You have the right to access personal information we have about you and to require us to correct any personal information that is not correct. If you wish to access any personal information of yours, you can contact us as set out below.If you believe that the personal information of yours we have is not correct, we may require you to provide supporting evidence of the correct information. We will promptly correct any personal information of yours after you provide the correct details and reasonable supporting evidence.
CONTACTING US OR MAKING A PRIVACY COMPLAINT
If you wish to make a complaint regarding your privacy, you may make a complain to our Chief Financial Officer at email@example.com”.
The Chief Financial Officer will endeavour to resolve the complaint with you, to your satisfaction. However, if you are not satisfied with the way we handle your complaint, you may lodge a privacy complaint with Office of the Australian Information Commissioner, by following the instructions at the following website: www.oaic.gov.au/ (which website was current as at the date of this policy).